Lessons in Leadership: Shirley S. Chater
MetadataShow full item record
Lessons in Leadership: The Betty Irene Moore Speaker Series embodies Betty Irene Moore's vision and hope for nurses to lead within their teams, organizations and communities, with the ultimate goal of improving the experience and outcomes of patient care. Through personal experience, Betty recognized that nurses play a critical role in providing safe, high-quality patient care and outcomes. They are caregivers, mentors, teachers and researchers; and they provide 95 percent of direct patient care in hospitals. This recognition gave rise to the Betty Irene Moore Nursing Initiative, with building leadership skills in nurses as one of its main strategies.
This video is one of a collection of 13 short videos featuring nationally-recognized nurse leaders whose leadership spans nursing, health care, government and other sectors.
This video features Shirley S. Chater, RN, PhD, FAAN:
- Former Commissioner, United States Social Security Administration
- Former President of Texas Woman's University
- Former Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs, University of California, San Francisco
- American Academy of Nursing 'Living Legend' and elected member of Institute of Medicine
- Architect, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation's Executive Nurse Fellows program
This interview took place 16 May 2007.
To quickly locate other leader videos in this collection, please click on the publisher link below.
The following license files are associated with this item: