Registration allows Sigma Repository users to submit items (after appropriate authorization has been assigned to a user account) and subscribe to specific repository collections (i.e., you will be able to sign up to receive email updates whenever a new item is added to a specified collection of interest).
Registration is not necessary to view/search/browse items in the repository.
Registration does not allow users to view embargoed files.
Please pay special attention to the final step, Step 6 – authorization to submit to any collection in the repository requires an email to repository staff to request submission approval. Submission authorization is not automatic with registration. You will receive an email from repository staff confirming your authorization to submit to the collection(s) that best fit your topic area(s).
Step 1 - Go to the repository homepage: www.nursingrepository.org.
Step 2 - Click on "Register" in the upper right-hand corner of the homepage.
Step 3 - Enter your email address and click on the Register button.
Step 4 - You will receive an email from email@example.com. Follow the link provided in that email to complete your account registration.
Step 5 - To complete your account registration, you will need to supply your first name, last name, and create a password. After entering the required information, click on the Complete Registration button.
Step 6 - Email the repository staff at firstname.lastname@example.org. Provide the following information in your email message.
- Subject line: Sigma Repository Registration Complete, Submission Access Requested
- Your name
- Email used to register
- Brief details about your work and the material(s) you wish to submit.
- Whether you are part of a participating group (e.g., school of nursing, nursing organization)
Group Participants - Submissions
If you are submitting an item to this repository as a member of a participating group (e.g., schools of nursing, nursing organizations, consortiums, hospitals, healthcare systems, corporate nursing staff, etc.), please check with your group's repository liaison for submission details and read the information below before beginning your submission(s).
- Your group has agreed to participate in this Sigma-owned repository by showcasing work in the repository's collections. There is no association between your group and Sigma Repository beyond a mutual desire to increase the visibility of nursing research, evidence-based practice, clinical, and educational materials.
- Your group may choose to place document and formatting requirements on your submission(s) in addition to those stipulated by this repository. The repository's staff has no knowledge of these additional requirements and cannot advise you on compliance issues regarding any external policies. Please contact your group's repository liaison for assistance with those requirements.
- All submission go through a vetting process, but not all are peer-reviewed.
- You will not receive a submission confirmation email. If your school administration or group requires proof of submission, take a screenshot of the final submission page and email the image to them as proof of submission.
- You will receive a system-generated congratulatory email once your item has been processed and posted in the repository.
- It may take up to 90 days after your submission has been approved before your item is process and posted in the repository.
If you still have questions, please email repository staff at email@example.com.